With the 200th home now being sold in Giles, the developer, East West Communities, surveyed residents to ascertain how “happy” residents are with living there. The survey revealed that 94% of the Giles residents who responded are either happy, very happy, or extremely happy with living in Giles. And, nearly 50% of those respondents said that they are extremely happy. When asked what contributed to their happiness with living in Giles, the reasons included:
• the convenient location (to local conveniences, Interstate access, access to downtown Richmond)
• top-rated schools located directly across the street (walkable)
• Giles amenities
• abundance of trees and natural areas
• the community / neighborhood feel (friendly neighbors)
• the home itself (floorplan and value)
• the natural beauty and landscaped parkway
• Hanover County
The survey also revealed that 50% of the residents who live in Giles range in age from 31 to 40. About 25% of the residents are ages 51 or older. Most families who live in Giles have children (84%), most of whom are school age.
Those who were unhappy noted the construction traffic and noise.